CHCV Program Assistant Job Description
Community Harvest of Central Vermont (CHCV), Central Vermont’s gleaning and food education non-profit, seeks a part-time, seasonal Program Assistant to assist primarily with administrative duties. Duties could potentially also include involvement in field gleans and produce management and distribution.
Primary duties (include but are not limited to):
- Basic organizational bookkeeping and financial administration
- Tracking partnerships with farms and recipients – food collection and distribution records, basic outreach and data management, communications
- Volunteer communications, database management, and tracking
- Processing donations – data entry, thank you notes
- Fundraising – basic identification and outreach.
- 10 hours a week, mostly flexible hours based on project needs - with some weekends and evenings possible.
- Most hours to be worked remotely, with some work at CHCV’s Berlin, VT location
Length of position:
- July – November, position can be extended as funding is available
Rate of pay:
- $12-15/hour, as an employee, depending on experience
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, data management experience a plus
- Interest and/or experience in local food economy, agriculture, or related field
- Access to computer and internet
- Access to reliable vehicle, large enough for deliveries preferred
- Ability to lift 35 pound boxes/bags or heavier preferred
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including volunteers, farmers, and social service providers
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Allison Levin, CHCV Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply by June 27th.